Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fabulous Fall Fun

I was in charge of putting together the crafts and games for the Fall Festival at our church today. Now as you probably know, there is no budget for church events, it's all about the donations. So I put my thinking cap on and pulled my resources to come up with some Fabulous Fall Fun!

I started by contacting my good friend with the pumpkin hook up. I got 24 small pumpkins donated {for some tasty treats in return}, displayed them in my wooden crates, used the the tempera paint from the preschool classroom, borrowed some paint brushes from school, made a cute label and craft number one was done.
PUMPKIN PAINTING


The beautiful finished product. The little ones just loved painting all over the pumpkins. I must caution you however, this is NOT a project for anyone who has diversion to paint mixing! The poor teenager in charge tried so hard to keep the brushes in the right colors, bless her heart!

For craft number 2 my friend and I raided closets and collected all the pants and shirts that our little ones had outgrown. Then she collected newspapers, I grabbed some brown lunch bags, cut out face pieces from felt scraps and made more cute labels. Finally I sorted everything out into tubs and buckets so we could form an assembly line.

Scarecrow Making




How funny are these? You know they make you smile! It was so much fun to watch the kids very carefully pick out the pieces of clothing that they wanted. They were so proud of their creations! My own wild things things came home and took naps with them. :)


Now for the games. I put together 10 games from the the game show Minute To Win It. The games are all based on household items so I collected what I needed, assembled a few items, then placed each game into a bucket with the directions, added more cute labels and ribbon, and the games were ready to go!

Game Time



The games were a big hit! The kids had a blast and of course they enjoyed the candy they received for participating. :)

It was a great day filled with fun and lots of memories! What more could you ask for?

2 comments:

  1. Great imagination and effort on all fronts here - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative and resourceful! Clearly a fun (and budget-friendly) Fall Festival!

    ReplyDelete