Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Day in the Life

Like most busy working moms I get asked quite frequently, "Where do you find the time?" The truth is I always have a project with me and I work on my parties every spare second I can find. So I decided it might be fun to share a day in my life and you can experience the insanity too. :)

And so it begins....

3:00 am - Riley (my 19 month old son) wakes up shouting out, "bottle mommy, bottle." Now he doesn't normally wake up at this time but he is teething and he didn't eat his dinner because he was too busy chewing on his fork. I know he's hungry so I decide I'll get up and get him a bottle. That's when I realize that Ethan (one of my 3 year old twins) has crawled into my bed. He is like a ninja. He is always sneaking in so quietly that I sleep right through it! I was too tired to deal with him so I let him stay. He is a bit dramatic and putting him back in bed always includes a chase scene, hands on the hips, foot stomping and an "I never!"

4:00 am - Hayden (the other twin) wakes me up to tell me his pants are wet. So I take him the bathroom and get him new pj's. I was too tired to deal with the sheets so we went and slept on the couch together, because remember the other two little ones had taken over my bed. You've probably noticed by now that daddy has slept through all of this so far. :)

6:00 am - My alarm clock goes off, but I hit snooze until 6:30. I know you're thinking I thought she said she was sleeping on the couch, my alarm clock is on my phone and I always have my phone with me. :)

6:30 am - I actually get up and get ready for work. This includes a quick check of my email and facebook, making the bed and changing my clothes at least twice! (I'm seriously considering turning myself into What Not To Wear) {{lol}}

7:45 am - I grab Aaron (my 13 year old son), my lap top, purse and chai tea and we head out the door. (We should have left the house at 7:30.) I drop Aaron off at the Jr. High and head over the elementary school. The Little ones stay home with daddy, who is going to school at night and working weekends. That should be it's own blog!  {{lol}}

8:00am - 3:00pm - I am a teacher at the elementary school. I work on my party designs for about 15 min during the morning recess break and send a couple of emails to set up an up coming project. :) I run up to the office to make some copies and go pick up the class from the playground. I work on my designs for a while longer during my 45 min lunch break. Then I run over to gather some work for a student I am home schooling while she is on Home Hospital. I do more teaching, convince a student that he is NOT going to die from his mosquito bite and it's time for the kids to go home. Then I work on my designs for a few more min after school before I have to go pick up Aaron.

3:00pm - I pick up Aaron, drop him off at home and head over to work with my home school student.

4:30pm - I get home, change, say bye to my husband, who is off to class, and go outside to play with my boys and make an art project. (I use that term loosely.) {{lol}}

5:30pm - The dreaded dinner routine begins. This is my least favorite time of the day because the minute I step into the kitchen the problems begin. Aaron is now in charge and the little ones like to test his authority. He is autistic so he is quite a stickler for the rules and tends to spend most of the time pointing out all of the things they are doing wrong. So I have to keep stopping to mediate their arguments. It can be be quite frustrating. {{sigh}} In between mediating, stirring this and flipping that I also do a little more work on my computer.

6:00pm - Dinner is served, usually something that could win me a spot on Worst Cooks in America. My husband is the cook but since he has been gone every night I've had to do it. We can't wait for daddy to be done with school so we can eat good food again! :)

6:30pm - Dinner is over and the kitchen is cleaned and we have time to squeeze in a little more play time. Lately this includes a game of Sillyasaurus where mommy and Aaron get to chase the little boys around the house and tickle them. :)

7:00pm - Bath time for the little boys. This usually includes a near drowning experience and a flood in the bathroom because someone has decided to go snorkeling or have a car wash. {{lol}}

7:30pm - This is my favorite time of the day! We all sit together and enjoy a "milk beverage", as the twins call it, and watch a couple of shows before bedtime. I love snuggling with my boys!!! :)

8:30pm - Bedtime for the little boys. We sing their name songs, give kisses and hugs and lights out. Then they will get up at least one more time to go potty. 

9:00pm - Aaron goes to his bedroom, the house is quiet and Mommy Time begins! I grab my computer, a snack (because dinner wasn't very good so I didn't eat very much), turn on a chick flick and get started.

10:30pm - My Hubby gets home and we hang out and chit chat for a while then we both work on our computers for a while longer.

12:00am - It's time to call it a day and get some sleep before it's time to start it all over again. :)

It's a bit CRAZY but I wouldn't have it any other way. I LOVE my CRAZY life!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Stefani, this is a CRAZY day!!! I don't know how you do it. Makes me realize I don't have it so bad with a 10 month old and a 2 year old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your relationship with your husband reminds me of mine! I leave for work in the morning around 6:15am, he stays with our 20 month old daughter. I leave the office at 1, get home by 1:30 and he leaves the house at 2 to go to his coaching gig and doesn't get home until 8pm. We have a late dinner, put our daughter to bed, and then he gets on his computer to run stuff for our home business and I get on my computer to do additional work or play around (blog reading/facebook/emails/blog updating). We tend to enjoy different shows, so my husband goes up to watch tv and I stay in the living room. Then we both hit the hay around 11:00.

    Glad we're not the only ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SMOKES GIRL! You are AMAZING! My mouth is wide open right now. BTW - Dinner is always sub par at our house too. Keep it up! With your determination you are going to go really far!

    Ginger (found you on DID)
    Literallyinspired

    ReplyDelete